Top News

COAS vows full throttle response to any ‘misadventure’

Indian military’s hollow statements reflect frustration, aiming to distract from internal issues: COAS

Islamabad
Chief of Army Staff (COAS) General Asim Munir on Tuesday rubbished recent “hollow statements” from the Indian military and vowed a befitting to any “misadventure” against Pakistan.
Indian Army Chief General Upendra Dwivedi claimed last month that “60 per cent of the terrorists eliminated” in Indian-occupied Kashmir (IoK) in 2024 were allegedly of Pakistani origin. General Dwivedi further alleged that “80pc of the remaining fighters in IoK were of Pakistani origin”. The remarks had elicited a strong response from the Pakistan Army.
A press release from the Inter Services Public Relations (ISPR) today said COAS Munir presided over the 267th Corps Commanders’ Conference at the General Headquarters where the comments from the Indian side came under discussion.
The ISPR said the high-level moot took “serious note of the recent reckless and provocative statements” from the Indian military leadership and termed them as being “irresponsible and detrimental” to regional stability.
The ISPR quoted the COAS as saying on the matter while addressing the military brass meeting: “Pakistan Army remains fully prepared to defend the country’s sovereignty and territorial integrity. These hollow statements from Indian military are indicative of their growing frustration and serve only to divert the attention of their masses and international community from their multiple internal fissures and blatant violations of human rights. Any misadventure against Pakistan will be responded with full and resolute force of the state.”
The meeting’s participants also discussed the prevailing situation along the Line of Control (LoC) and the Working Boundary near Sialkot.
The ISPR said that expressing solidarity with the “resilient people” of IoK on the eve of Kashmir Solidarity Day, the forum’s members strongly condemned the “continued blatant human rights violations” in IoK, recognising them as a “grave threat to regional peace and stability”.
The army brass reiterated Pakistan’s unwavering support for the “legitimate struggle of the Kashmiri people for their right to self-determination, as enshrined in relevant UN Security Council resolutions” and emphasised the significance of international engagement in addressing the persistent violations in the territory.
The forum undertook a comprehensive review of the regional and internal security landscape, assessing the “full spectrum of threats” to the country.
On other matters, the high-level moot expressed “grave concern over the continued use of Afghan soil” by the proscribed Tehreek-i-Taliban Pakistan (TTP) group for terrorist activities against Pakistan.
“The forum stressed the imperative of concrete and tangible actions by interim Afghan government against Fitna Al Khawarij (the term used by the state to refer to the TTP) instead of denials as well as continuing with the strategy of undertaking all necessary measures in defence of Pakistan and its people.”

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Back to top button